Monday 14 January 2013

Uninvited.

Today I feel like my eyes refuse to stay open. They're heavy and dry and rebellious. They reflect my heart. I guess it's just one of those days where yellow is too yellow and seasoned chicken tastes like dry toast. The silverware is staring at me relentlessly like stone cold anarchists refusing to do their job. But I'm sure it's probably me.

I don't know what happened. I was perfectly fine, perfectly. Then all of a sudden BAM! I was blinded my this same dang wretched demon that has been feasting on my soul for decades. He empties me out so fast that I don't even know he's there until he's already had his fill. When he feeds, it feels like hunger pangs. It feels like exhaustion. It feels like grief. It feels like failure. It feels like death. And the worst of it all is that after being familiar so intimately for so many years, each time that he comes to visit a part of me opens the door and says, "Ah there you are old fellow, where have you been for so long? Come, let's have a bite shall we?" And how can I not be inviting to such an old acquaintance, for one who was once considered a friend?

Gah. You know, today just wasn't a good day for a visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment